Did you know … just registering your child for Pupil Premium Free School Meals means that we all get extra money?
If you receive Pupil Premium Free School Meals, you will be allocated up to £80 of funding per term for your child to help to pay for those little extras or to help out, for example:
• Towards the purchase of school uniform.
• Educational Trips and activities
• Attendance at After School clubs
• Help with in school tuition costs for playing musical instruments
How does it work
• First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
• Registering is really quick and easy – see below ‘How to Apply’
If you do not want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still receives funding and you will be allocated £80 per term.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit.